Thursday, August 12, 2010

So-Ho Good!

While you may try to avoid the Soho streets due to the crowds sweeping in and out of stores ranging from unique boutiques to luxury mega-chains, I encourage you to pay a little more attention next time you're squeezing by those hipsters browsing the sidewalk fedora stand. You may be passing by the perfect authentic tapas bar. In this case I'm referring to Boqueria Soho (171 Spring - http://www.boquerianyc.com/) - a Spanish small plates/tapas bar that serves as an upbeat yet relaxing respite amidst the busy Soho streets. While slightly hidden from the street, upon entry you are immediately engulfed in the smells of their famous Pan con Tomate (grilled bread rubbed with tomato, garlic and olive oil) which one of their chefs skillfully creates in the front window. From my experience last night, I can highly recommend the Gambas al Ajillo (garlic shrimp) and the Albondigas (lamb meatballs in tomato sauce with goat cheese) - I thought I died and went to heaven when I combined these delicious dishes with my glass of Syrah. On top of everything we had a fantastic waiter who was attentive and eager to suggest his favorite meals. No reservations (they only take them for parties of 6 or larger at dinner) needed if you're content snagging one of the casual, tall bar tables towards the front of the restaurant - we certainly were.

No comments:

Post a Comment