Monday, August 23, 2010

Per-fection at Per Tutti

Four wheels, airport scannable laptop bags, GPS tracking! The recent innovations in luggage and travel bags are simply incredible. As a new and proud owner of a four-wheeled luggage set, I can tell you that once you go four-wheels, you never go back. Trekking through even the lengthiest of terminals is a breeze, and I can't tell you the luggage-envy you can feel from other less-fortunate travelers. I was lucky enough to become the proud owner of a fantastic new set - the Samsonite xSpace Spinner Collection (see photo) - currently available (on sale!) at Macy's in a variety of colors. It even comes in fun colors that make finding your bag at the baggage carousel extremely easy. If you're lucky enough to live in Manhattan, I'm excited to share one of the best boutique luggage stores I've seen in a long time - Per Tutti (49 Greenwich Ave, http://www.pertutti.com/ ). They carry everything from Longchamp to Tumi and from simple laptop covers to full-on luggage sets. In addition to luggage, bags and outstanding customer service, they also carry travel accessories such as umbrellas, luggage tags and passport cases. They hold a special place in my heart for selling me the BEST umbrella I have ever encountered - the Knirps 878 Fiber T2 (see photo). Yes, it's expensive at an astounding $58 a pop, but I have been through some wicked weather with this umbrella and I give it a 110% guarantee that it won't break even in the strongest winds. Even when it did turn inside-out amidst the horrible storms and winds this past weekend, I simply pulled down swiftly on the handle and it was back to its optimal rain-shielding position. If I have my Knirps umbrella, I know I'm good to go even in the most vicious Manhattan weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment