Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Flea-ing to the Market

One of my favorite adventures this weekend was looking for furniture pieces "with character" that I could use to add a personalized touch to my apartment. After some internet research, I discovered the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market (http://www.hellskitchenfleamarket.com/home/) - apparently a mecca for New Yorkers, designers and celebs alike in search of their next treasure.

While not the most glamorous experience, I ended up finding a gorgeous antique floor mirror that I simply couldn't live without. After a bit of bargaining, I was the rightful owner of the mirror and 15 minutes later (with the help of the friendliest cab driver I've ever encountered), I had transported it back down to Tribeca where it now sits proudly in my bedroom. I was so happy that I may return to the market this coming weekend in search of a great bedside table or lamp. If you want to experience it for yourself, bring cash and go early and ready to negotiate!

Fun Fact: According to the Chicago Tribune, wheat bread has now surpassed white bread in sliced bread sales. Another indicator that people are becoming more and more health conscious in today's society. Click http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-0801-bread-squeezed--20100801,0,2644452,full.story for the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment